Thread: Goldwings
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #130
LukeMacPU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildhog View Post
This is what you need. A ton of info to help you.
Thanks. I've already found that site and bugged those guys for a few tips/pointers. I really think I'll be good to go after this weekend. I'm planning to swap the timing belts, check/adjust valve clearances, throw new pads on it, and change the oil. May also check the timing. I've read that may be needed after changing timing belts. I've had a pretty lousy year or two with vehicles. What can go wrong does. This was just the latest example. My dad had ridden that bike for the last 4-5 years without ever doing anything but change the oil, filters, and front tire. He never had a bad moment with it. I've been dead in the water twice in less than a week!

Bike now has all new fuel lines, new rear tire, almost new front tire, the bike doesn't leak a drop of anything. Amazing what a difference the new rear tire made over the half inflated bald one! Made a similar tire change on a Suzuki GS1150 I had. Bought it with a spent rear tire and rode it while waiting for my new tire to arrive. Rode like a whole new bike when leaning it into corners. That tendency to stay straight up then suddenly fall in, was gone. Same improvement this time around.

1990 XT350

LukeMacPU screwed with this post 05-24-2012 at 06:47 PM
LukeMacPU is offline   Reply With Quote