Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #24069
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Bah! I grew up in the land of plastic seat sweat. Heat doesn't bother me much. Plus I love descending. I love it enough to grind through the rest of it.

However, I'm still pondering the idea of putting a simple MTB together. Despite being in the middle of the city, there's a pretty good trail not too far from me. Nashbar has a very simple 26" hardtail with disc brakes for about fo' hunnert that might be in my price range. What'd be your recommendation?
If you can put a HT with disk brakes together for a measly $400, I say go for it! I ride with this guy who has a clapped out old HT with cable actuated rim brakes and skinny tires, which looks like something built in the 1970's. It's a piece of garbage that I'd be afraid to ride. Yet he's managed one of the fastest lap times at our favorite local trail on it.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote