View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
.....the cracked engine mount must be directly related to the bar design and mount, the first i've seen. i could be mistaken without having a look at it in person, but i did write..."also, the bike needs to be able to slide forward on the bars, not grab the surface, no matter what it is. if the bike can't slide, you could see damage that might not happen otherwise."

ya should be able to get it fixed up without difficulty.

The crash bar never hit the ground, shouldn't be factor. The bike stayed upright. It bounced around alot, but stayed upright. The pipe and muffler seemed to take most of the impact. I would have expected the pipes to be crushed flat, but they held up great. It's very possible the weight of the engine pulling down put more pressure on that point than any engineer ever imagined it would see.

Jeff probably won't admit it here, but he was freakin' FLYING when he hit the wash out crossing the road, and pulled 40 years of moto experience out of his a$$ to save it. We'd still be sorting out the peices if he hadn't known to get the front end over it. Great save. (Don't let it go to your head, you still ride a Harley.... )
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote