View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
fadingfastsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS Mayhem View Post
Is there anything on the drawing board for a 96-06 Kawasaaki Concours which I belief is the same as a 90-01 Ninja ZX-11? The only upgrade to our system is installing (after simple wiring) a ZR1200 alternator almost impossible to find even on e-bay. If not on the drawing boad what is a realistic time line "if" you got a 100 ppl that would but in on one?

Cheers
Ron
Hey Ron,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've already got your solution for the Concours. Keep the stock alternator. It is powerful & reliable. We currently make a replacement solid state IC regulator for that alternator. It works perfectly, has a higher regulation point than the original, is half the price of any other option, and is super easy to install.
Check it out!

http://racetechelectric.com/i-858610...regulator.html

Also, I made a YouTube video showing how to install the regulator, on my 1985 Yamaha FJ1100, which uses the exact same Nippon-Denso alternator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04_ymsJO_84

Also, we will do stators for both size V-Stroms in the future. I already have those on my R&D list, I just don't have a timeframe for development yet.

As far as new parts goes, I am willing to develop ANYTHING if there is a market for it. I'd have to run the numbers depending on the part, and how much tooling I will need to build, but if I can presell enough of a particular part to cover my development costs, I will build anything at RaceTech Electric you guys want.
For the most part, I'll need about $1000 in preorders to cover the production run. So I'd need to sell roughly 10 of a particular stator to do so. Keep that in mind if any of you guys want something that is not available anywhere else. I will do it, if you can get together 10 guys to pre-pay for their orders.

Evan
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote