View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #14
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
Broken down, fixed, broken again, etc...
We will be moving again shortly though. Need to wait a few days to check that 'diving with mantas' box. I guess I can't complain too much about being stranded on a tropical island.
This post idea has been brewing in my head for awhile though and isn't just related to the major final drive failure we had.
'Should I get a Ural or not' is asked pretty often. I ignored advice from almost everyone I know to buy mine. But I'm stubborn like that. And I was reading the ride reports and accessories section instead of the maintenance forum. Maybe this comprehensive thread will help someone else make a more informed decision. You could attach just about any modern bike to a Ural sidecar and be better off.

Still hoping someone from pro Ural land will explain how a Ural is in fact more reliable than any other new bike or why someone would want a Ural instead of something else attached to a Ural sidecar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac-wombat View Post
Hey bokad, I've been waiting for an update on your 'Indonesia' thread. By the tone of this here thread I'm guessing you've broken down somewhere in Indo?
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote