View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #24075
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Link

Did a nice 41 mile ride today. I leave the Garmin trip timer running all the time - look at the speeds after the rest stop...it's where the speed flat-lines for 15 minutes or so. From that point on, we were basically at 25 mph or faster. Everyone was dropped out of 15 or so in this group except for three diamond-frame riders, me and my buddy David, also on a recumbent. Well, David was dropped in the last mile.

Even more remarkable were the ages of the riders.... the other three were in their last 50's to mid-60's. David is a few years younger than me.

Our moving average was a bit under 20. Given that it was an urban ride with a ton of lights, we did pretty good!
That's another reason I'm giving up road riding. I don't think it's at all fair that riders much older than me are able to ride faster. At least on the mtb trails, I'm the oldest one out there, and in the rare instances where someone does pass me on the trail, I can always use the excuse that he's half my age.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is online now   Reply With Quote