View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #101
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
There's an '08 just like this at a local dealer, it has after market pipes and some other stuff like grips, windscreen, maybe levers too they don't look stock. They are asking just under 9k for it, and I am highly tempted to buy it. the one issue is my insurance would be close to 1k a year for that and my Buell. I suppose I could trim it down some, I had full coverage on the Buell when I bought it 2 years ago (it's an '08 also).

Somebody talk me out of this...
Seems a bit high to me. I almost traded mine in in 2010 on a leftover VFR, the dealer only offered me $5,000 on it.

I think that the special edition from that year is the best looking, but for that 9K you should be able to buy a different one and still have enough leftover for farkles and gas.

For reasons unknown to me the bikes don't hold their value. That's good news when you are buying a used one, but frustrating for those of us that bought them new. The bike used to be one that I always kept spotless and rode on nice days only, until I realized just how much the value was dropping, regardless of conditions. Now I just ride it whenever I can, and let the miles rack up. It's probably a keeper for me, it's paid off and worth far less than what I'd sell it for.
jules083 is online now   Reply With Quote