View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #497
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 360
CD Trail for direction

I personally enjoyed Colorado more than the Southern WY portions. I would slab it up to the WY boarder, then take the trail south until you run out of time. I like the portion between Kremmling and Steamboat a lot. I did the CD trail and did about 300 or more miles per day, but this was long days and hard fast riding. We also changed the route south of Buena vista to remove the 50 miles of pavement and this added a lot of time going up and over the pass through St Elmo and down to Buena Vista.Just thought it might give you a gauge to go by. The Colorado from boarder to boarder on the CD could be a great 3 days. Use a bit of the first and last day to slab it back to Denver and the rest of the days on the trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
I am planning on a 3 day trip with a buddy leaving from Denver and this route was recommended. We will be on KLRs loaded with camping gear. From Denver would the recommendation be to head South or North? What is a decent daily mileage on the CD?
Thanks,
Asa

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
gpracer171 is offline   Reply With Quote