.... I've been neglecting this thread for too long. I'm skipping over a lot, but I finally had the first start this Memorial Day.
It was hot as Hades here in Baltimore. I kicked and kicked and dripped all over the thing for about half an hour and nothing. Checked the valve adjustments and points for the zillionth time- everything OK. I was about to kick it over and jump up and down on it, but took a break instead.
After 45 minutes cooling down, I went back out, and two prods later:
It's an unedited mess with lots of pocket footage, but it shows she lives! My creation lives! Bwahahaha...
She's really loud. My neighbor in the vid heard it start from across the street, in his basement, with the radio blasting. My neighbors are gonna hate me....
I got it out in the hood and rode her around for a half hour or so. Pulls strong, but needs tweaking. It was way to hot out at that point to mess with, so it went in the shed.
Carbs out of synch, forks overfilled and leaking, oil pan leaks, centerstand didn't stay retracted (trail of sparks),and spring fell off, shifter dogs need adjusting, etc.
I'm pretty happy though. My first complete rebuild!