View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #5619
JayGoldstein
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus180 View Post
Also make sure you adjust the screw properly. I had the bike running way too rich when I first took it out, and it would hesitate a bit when I would open up the throttle. I thought it was a problem with the air box being too restricted but it ran smoothly when the screw was adjusted properly. The Kientech instructions say you should tighten the screw 15-16 full turns inward, and back out I think 1+1/8 turns. I ended up backing it out like the instructions said but my bike was running a little lean. I brought it out another full turn and it's running much better now.
I've also experienced that hesitation when opening the throttle. I'm taking my bike in for the 1,000 km service next week and will mention this issue. Has anyone has gotten their dealer to adjust the carb, or do they refuse to do so because of emissions regulations?

JayGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote