View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #38
Deano955 OP
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,842
Utah 12. Holy Shite!

I'm sure that most Utards know this but until 2 days ago, I had no idea. Utah 12 is perhaps the best motorcycle road ever! Granted, this statement comes from my limited experience, but holy balls that road is amazing!

I had so much fun riding that it was difficult to stop for photos. If you ever have the chance, ride it! You won't be sorry. From deep, hot, sandstone canyons, to riding an alpine ridge line barely wide enough for two way traffic, and everything in between, this road delivers everything the sport-touring rider craves.

I wasn't the only hooligan out there:

After perhaps one of the best rides I have ever been on, I spent the night in Torrey, Utah. My Days Inn motel room was pricey at best. But, being my last night on this trip I was OK with it. I even decided to splurge for dinner.

My tequila mojito was excellent. The Rattlesnake Cakes were interesting, and the turkey main course was OK at best. My server Renee was a peach however.

Torrey is a town where I would like to spend more time. At the edge of Capitol Reef National Park, there are incredible riding adventures to be had. Dual sport, sport, pedal bikes, heck, even hiking to the 10th power.

Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote