As mentioned on p2 by ADVMax, this happened to me and is well documented with photos and all, must be back in '08? '07 maybe? Beats me.
Mine is a 2005.5, and I'm pretty sure the TSB for the rotor - loctite check included my year. Mine looked pretty much exactly like this thread.
Had prolly ~10K miles (bought used in '07 with 1300 - not K miles on it) at the time.
I changed the oil, after replacing the first stator ...and used the wrong Loctite. So I got to do it twice. Second time, I cried to Max and he suggested the... the... whatever the hell he said. (See p. 2 this thread.)
After replacing the second replacement stator, I changed the oil and worried some more. Nothing happened except putting on more miles. And more tires. (Not sure the tires are related to the stator issue. But I could be wrong.)
Anyways, my symptoms each time were very clear. (At least they were, if I had a clue.) The battery stopped holding a charge. Because it wasn't being charged by the alternator / charging system. D-uh!
And because the copper windings on my stator were being shredded, minced and pulverized by the bolts that were not thread-locked properly and backed out of the rotor which was spinning round and ...I think I'm repeating myself.
So, yeah, on a late-model 2005 / pre-release 2006. AKA 2005.5.
And I used the same gasket.
And it still doesn't leak.
And I ain't goin' back in there unless I have to.
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.