View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #13023
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post

I'll post photos as well as my experience once it comes back and I have a bit of time on it. Sargent cautions the purchaser of custom seat services that they don't always come out right the first time since it is difficult for them to figure out exactly what fits each person's anatomy, so I may have to send it back once. Additionally I'm sure it will need to break in for a while, but I'm confident if anyone can make a seat that will allow me to spend up to 24 hours on it at a time (like the sargents I had on my RTs) Sargent can.

The cost including return shipping and a new custom made seat cover was $315.00.

Sorry for the lengthy dissertation, but seats are so individual I thought the sum of my experience would be helpful to the user in determining what their discomfort issues are, and what seat options might be best for them. I have no affiliation with Sargent other than being a very happy repeat customer.
Very interested in your impressions. I picked up a triumph gel seat on ebay over the weekend as a bit of an impulse since it was cheap ($90) and somehow my stock seat got a burn hole in the side of it. So, if I don't like the triumph gel seat I'll have my stock one to send out.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote