View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #13028
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhspirit View Post
Here are a couple pics with a sargent custom seat. Had it for about a year now. May need to send it back for an adjustment. Only slightly better than Triumph gel which was slightly better than stock for me. I do not have much padding naturally but sargents have always been comfortable for me on other bikes. Not sure if it's because of the width of the seat or the angle but still have pressure points after a few hours.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that you had their custom seat services replace some foam, but retain the stock shape. Though their foam is better than you would likely find in either a stock seat or the triumph gel seat, it is both the forward lean and the shape of the stock seat that doesn't work for me. It appears your sargent seat in the photos retains both. This is the reason I am having them widen and dish the seat, to provide a greater area of support that is more contoured to provide support outward towards my hips. Additionally, I sat on the bike and had my girlfriend draw a level line across the side of the seat and am having Sargent level the seating area so it doesn't push me towards the tank. Hopefully I wind up with better results than you are describing.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote