View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #92
peekay OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo3 View Post
Turn your experience into wisdom.... ride baja in the cooler months, it was beautiful in April.
Will do satchmo! I will visit Baja again, if for nothing else to again thank the guys who bailed me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilborides
I carry pedilite at all times and water. Glad you made it safely
Good note about carrying electrolytes bilborides. Any thoughts about using normal Gatorade instead of pedialyte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ago
I would like to add just a comment on why things went "wrong" basicly because you had within your self all the assurance of a rescue

Ago there's definitely much truth in what you say! To an extent at least? As an imperfect analogy, I can ride faster because I wear a helmet -- I would definitely ride more slowly / deliberately / safely(?) if I didn't have a helmet. That doesn't mean I shouldn't wear a helmet, right? I tend to think a sat phone / SPOT / GPS as safety devices, like a helmet. But as you point out, all these things might extend our comfort zone maybe too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Stuck this thread for a while to give inmates a chance to enjoy this little gem.. awesome pics btw..
Thanks GB, but I'm afraid the rest of my ride through Baja isn't anywhere as "exciting".

Canada to Argentina (in progress)
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote