View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
XC Rider OP
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,841
Part 2.

We left off having meet up with Bloochdog at El Paso in Elkton.

After a brief run by his place to get some more BWDR stickers for the new bike, Steve & I continued on our way towards Davidsonville, MD. This next stretch of road would take us through Green, Madison, and Orange counties, all of which I am very familiar with as I grew up in the area. I think Steve enjoyed the roads I led him down.

We eventually wound our way to Fredericksburg; while passing through F'burg, I got a kick out of this car's license plate!

From here we continued eastwards, planning to get on 301, heading north up the MD peninsula, and soon enough we were crossing over into Maryland.

Once again the sun was starting to get low,

....and so we made a B-line for Davidsonville. Once there we met up with Wayne (and his buddy Wayne), set up camp and had a good evening of BSing, drinking beer, and cooking up a little dinner.

The next morning, we helped Wayne break down camp; here's Steve helping out!

From here, Wayne led us on a very spirited 60 mile ride, on roads with speed limits ranging from 25 MPH to 45 MPH, which we completed in about 60 minutes!

Come 11:30am, Steve and I had built up quite an appetite keeping up with Wayne, and so to the Kilarney house we went to meet up with other riders and enjoy one of the best brunches I've ever had!

Here's the majority of the group at the table.

After a good meal and good conversation, it was time to head back home, get cleaned up, and head to DC for a work call. All in all, another great little ride to recharge my batteries.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote