Thread: KLRsys build
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
KLRsys OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
Add me too the line that thinks your build is great.
When Repsol rider did his with the super talented crew , well that put it in the out of reach catagory . And now you have proved that it's again possible to dream.
I've put a lot of miles on my KLR and did 1000 on a friends Versys , so I'm in the camp that wants some of the twin's power and also wonders if it would overwhelm the KLR's basic package.
Cool bike , you have.
Well I certainly didn't have a super talented crew (just me) and no machine shop. I did most of my fabrication with a 4 1/2" angle grinder and die grinder. I went through a lot of cut off wheels. I can weld, not too pretty but fairly strong and I have a small 110v MIG welder and a gas welding outfit. The only specialty tool I had to buy was a real tubing bender. It was a lot of work, but more that half of it was just staring at it figuring out how things should be done, where things are going to fit. I'm not a mechanic by trade, I run a computer services business. I say all this because I believe this is within the reach of many people, so dream on.
KLRsys is offline   Reply With Quote