View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightenarrow View Post
Very excellent reports of yours! New to the site and your reports are top notch. I am going to take a two week trip end of this summer... and this was on my short list!

Best!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the reports. Hope you find this one helpful in your own planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP640 View Post
Looks like you got the complimentary O.P.P shake down like we did last summer.

The top of Superior is the reason we take the Trans Canada instead of ducking down
through the U.S. when we travel to Southern Ontario. Possibly one of the most scenic
roads in Canada.
Yeah, no biggie with the OPP, but not what I am used to back home. I agree, it certainly is an incredibly scenic ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
Yes! Gonna be interesting to see what all I missed during my trip over the top of Lake Superior a few years back due to getting caught in a cold front. I should of know better than to try it at the last days of September. South Louisiana Guy here just hates freezing cold weather. ;-)
Yeah Andy, it does get cold. It was cool for much of this trip which was fine with me (riding gear and all). One day it was in the mid 80s and then the wind shifted so that it was coming off the lake. It instantly got to be very cool - quite the contrast for a simple wind shift.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 12:07 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote