View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #1581
UnclebudinTX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim k. View Post
i bought my eureka timberline 4 man tent 22 years ago this summer. I've used it between 15 & 25 nights per year, every year, since then & loaned it out to friends on occaision as well. I believe it cost $125.00 then, not sure now. I've had to seam seal the bottom seam tape once in that time, that's the only repair ever needed. I've never been wet from rain in all those years. (i did pitch once in what i discovered was a dry stream bed, but that's another story) after 5 years or so i decided i wanted a vestibule & footprint & started looking for a new tent....until i hit eureka's site & discovered that they make both as add-ons to my existing timberline. I bought both, & they both fit perfectly with the tent, into the side zip waterproof bag that aerostitch sells. It goes up quick & easy, but takes some time to fold up, especially when wet. It's absolutely palatial in terms of space & comfort,(for one) plenty of ventilation, probably too big to keep warm for winter camping, but fine for early spring & late fall. I often lust for one or another of the newer 4 season tents i see every summer, but i can't justify the expense, i honestly can't think of anything i would want that this does'nt provide.

how about a pic of that bad boy??????????
1979 Kawasaki KZ1000st (sold)
1991 Harley XLHsporty 883 (sold)
UnclebudinTX is offline   Reply With Quote