View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #16
Future ten
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Writer View Post
Thanks! I guess I could teach the girlie side of the garage ('cause caves aren't only for men?).

Don't give up on her! It actually took me a LONG time to be comfortable in a shop and with tools, and most of that came from the absence of testosterone. I know that sounds harsh, but when I was learning to weld and wrench I would shut down when a man came near. It made me super self-conscious and all I wanted to do was get away because I thought that I was messing something up. I know, kinda crazy, but that's female psychology for ya. After a while I got more comfortable and can handle myself when the hubby is around. Still, there are times when it is better to just work alone (like when I'm trying to pop old fork seals out). She may surprise you yet!

Good stuff gyps, she is a trooper for sure. I don't expect her to weld that's my fun but she is actually a gymnastics coach and would probably beat me up if I asked her to change a tire anyways. What a lot of girls don't get is that the average guy (rider) finds it very cool. I say rider because there are too many out there that get intimidated real easy by a lady that knows her way around the shop. Good for you !