View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #53
mtn500 OP
bush jumper

Oddometer: 301
It has been 5 months since my last post but I have made progress on the motor just not the progress I would have like to have made. I have purchased a motor from a 79 model that is in good shape and plan on using that cylinder head and cover to replace the ruined parts.

My new/current question deals with the cylinder from the original motor. I plan on installing a new piston and rings but I do not want to bore out the cylinder and install an oversize piston. Based upon the condition of the cylinder from the below pics, can anyone with experience comment on if the cylinder needs work? I can only see one minor vertical mark, which I think would be OK, but I would like an experienced opinion

If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you may not see, this you are forbidden to know", the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

mtn500 is offline   Reply With Quote