View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #67
andrewgore OP
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Getting it better than stock is easy. Knowing when to quit messing with it, and knowing if a pro could get it much better is beyond me.
I've thought more about the suspension in the past couple days. There were a couple times that I took note that the front wheel would literally stay lifted & push. It was especially noted in the rockbed sections. If I was on the gas as I needed to be, the front would feel like I was riding a wheelie through there, so I'd have to back off and slow down. This was probably the biggest offending area. This ties in more than likely with what you found in your fork rebound stack. It's got too much initial damping & then blows through it (if I read correctly).

I'm also wondering how much that ties in with the rear shock low speed compression damping. I am going to do some more exact testing this weekend on our set 3 mile loop. It's far too difficult to do without a proper loop.

The compression on the fork felt great though. So nice to be able to get on the brakes heavy and not totally bottom out the fork purely on braking.

Andrew
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote