View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
rapidfire7
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Sounds like your having a great time. I too have a black Super T....and I live in Sturgis. Matter of fact I think that when you took the picture of Main St with the sun to your back, my wife and I were in the Pizza place on the left eating dinner. The Jeep that you can see on the left I believe is ours. Unfortunately, many people get a false first impression of Sturgis as being dead and waiting for the rally to be able to survive, when in actuality most of the locals wish the rally would just go away. The town survives just fine with a strong agricultural and manufacturing economy (firearms) as well as having the Ft Meade Veterans Administration Hospital just to the east of town. It is also a bedroom community for Rapid City and many people commute, myself included (perfect for scratching the itch to ride). Main St is kind of a tourist trap for sure because of the inflated real estate values due to the rally. A good guess is that 90% of Main St has been bought by out of state and out of country rally vendors who only use them for the 2 to 3 weeks around the rally. So, consequently, we dont have much of a down town business district. Anyway I,m glad that you were able to come through town and maybe someday if your back out this way I can show you the gems that the area has to offer. Stay safe.
rapidfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote