View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #4796
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 328
No real actions shots yet as I need to get a decent point and shoot camera, not comfy taking the D300 on the road yet. It is just another stock bike as none of the items I ordered have been delivered yet. Hopefully the next couple weeks gets some goodies in the mail and I can get them onto the bike. Picked this Explorer up on Saturday and did the 223 mile ride home, funny cause I am gonna use up most that break in miles just riding it home and back to the dealer for it's 500 mile service. Good thing he said I can run a couple over that limit.

K.B.

So far I could not be more happy with this bike, it is confidence inspiring and just so damn stable at speed. This is my first real street bike so I can't really comment on how it carves the twisties or holds a line but so far I have not felt it do anything I was not expecting. I was a bit worried with the 20L tank and range but I don't think is going to be any trouble at all. That break in ride home in 106 degree heat in the Central Valley of California returned a MPG that was pretty respectable, 45.7 after filling it up this morning. Not too bad at all for a motor just breaking in though I did follow the manufacturers RPM limitations the majority of the time.

K.B.