View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
whotmonster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Now that is funny

I have always wanted to do that...but not sure the GSA handlebars would make it! Have a blast and make sure you get pictures of yourselves together...you will want those when you are old enough that memory begins to fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut037 View Post
Day-2. May 27.

After a great nights sleep and good breakfast, we head out. Being in L.A., we were not overly surprised to see a caravan of Dodge Vipers, but turning to watch them pass we catch a glimpse of the car show they are leaving. Apparently this goes every Sunday. Here are a few highlights.

I know, I know, motorcycle forum. Back to those. We head straight south to catch the coast highway east of Malibu. We have been here before a few years back, so not many pictures.

The smell of strawberries here was fantastic.

Don't ask. I am not sure why.

Fish House in Santa Barabara

Noms

Well, we were distracted by the local bikinis and forgot to fill up after lunch. The blue WR is stock, and my black one is a bit more thirsty with the full FMF and power commander. Glad I brought the MSR canister as the next gas station is still 20 miles out.

Probably not a good time to miss.

First glimpse of vineyards.

Gas is starting to get expensive.

Stopped in Cambria for dinner.

Being a holiday weekend every campsite was taken and it was getting dark. The goal for the day had been to get to Big Sur, but we figured it would be full there as well. I wanted to stealth camp, but Mike gave the veto. Instead we got bent over with holiday fees at a hotel in San Simeon. At $155, it was still a hundred cheaper than the others on that strip. On the upside they had laundry facilities in the room.

They also had secure covered parking. Some Japanese tourist got a laugh out of us moving them inside.

Euro Trip was on the TV. Scotty doesn't know. 240 miles covered.
whotmonster is offline   Reply With Quote