Originally Posted by Emmbeedee
I wonder if you could install Basecamp on your memory stick, or make a portable app out of BC?
This saves a step of having to install BC onto a host computer for emergency track repair while out in the field. I simply copied the BC app files from my PC into a folder on the SD card. I had to include GlobalMaps (\Basecamp\Maps folder) since BC requires at least one map during initial load. After initial load then BC will recognize the other BC enabled map files (img files) from the Montana. Very cool...
1. In windows 7, BC is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\BaseCamp directory
2. copy all files (*.dll, *.exe, etc) and \Maps
folders to directory on your SD card. I created folder [SD]:\Tools\basecamp. I skipped copying the help file folders (\en).
3. plug Montana into any Windows XP/7 PC and run BaseCamp.exe
- \Database folder is a copy of My Collection (Alldata.gdb) database in case I ever need to do an emergency import.
- \Setup folder is a copy of the BC installer file, just in case I need to install onto host computer...