View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
andrewgore OP
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shred View Post
I was so hoping that you went out and kicked ass on that old XR350. In the mud with its smooth power delivery I thought you would roll right by everybody.
I was planning on the same thing too, but I learned some important things about the tires on the bike. Whatever Pirelli Scorpion is on the front does NOT shed mud like the Michelin S12XC's that I'm used to. I shoulda toyed with tire pressure a bit more, but everything's a learning process. The Kenda trakmaster 2 wasn't the hottest either, but it was what it was. When I had clean tires, the thing really scooted off and did its thing. Very easy & comfortable to ride, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to continued racing on the WR, but wouldn't mind giving the XR another honest go. Maybe see how it does in a vintage Harescramble.

I have uploaded the 30 minutes I had ridden this past weekend. Disregard me blowing through the 2nd turn. I was busy thinking if I had my lap timer all going properly. It's pretty pathetic how sad the crash looks at the end, but what yah gonna do. One of them ones that just sucks the wind out of you. From this weekend I've learned that I am done wearing just a roost guard, in favor of wearing my compression suit. I will also do better work on my pre-hydrating.

Andrew

Edit - The ride on the KDX200 is my buddy John who I dragged to that first enduro where I destroyed my radiator. He is finally starting to pick up his speed. So glad I got him off of the YZ125 & YZ250F MX bikes. Surprise Surprise, woods bikes are easier to ride in the woods than MX bikes
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote