View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #47
CandyMan_ZA OP
R1200GS-WP

Oddometer: 151
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00gami View Post
In my driving style, I usually apply throttle blips during gear changes to rev match (just an "old" habit)
I concur

Quote:
- a lean A/F ratio (due to modern emission requirements)
I am convinced this is the issue, however I don't understand why Triumph and KTM (also EU) do not display any of these characteristics in any way, not even slightly

Quote:
I guess the easy way to make the engine run richer is to fit the well-known Accelerator Cable, which essentially modifies the engine intake air temperature sensor value to be somewhat lower. Most posts on the internet regarding the Accelerator Cable have been quite positive in terms of improving low-end torque. However I have no idea if it would cure the response to throttle blips.
I have considered this and very willing to try it however it will void my warranty and it is quite expensive to import and 'try' if it makes no difference to the throttle blips. Same with a PC.

Quote:
Something which might be interesting to try is bliping the throttle in netural from a slightly open position rather than from fully closed. Will the system react differently then?
I will try this again and report back but I have never experienced this if my memory serves me right. When blipping as I am about to engage gear when pulling away the throttle is in the fully closed position but when blipping during a downshift or while in traffic or while riding technical staff is another story, it is difficult to say if that is from a complete closed position, I will have to consciously take note of what I do and see if I can determine this. I will report back.

Thank you
CandyMan_ZA is offline   Reply With Quote