View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,368
Scott is the expert at roadbook creation, but when I think of maybe creating my first amateur roadbook, there are a few challenges I think about... And I'll also assume that if I where to create one, it would be in Colorado where aerial/sat images are not nearly as useful for creation of a route.
  • How do I make the route interesting and unique, and tailor it for the riding skill level, types of bikes, and roadbook experience of the participants?

• How to take a general route concept to a basic roadbook plan? Pre-ride the entire route without worrying about any notes, just scope the entire route, then go back a second/third/fourth time to make notes and verify? Or try and make some notes the first time through?

• Once I have a route and most of the turns documented in some sort of fashion, how do I create/distribute a more professional looking roadbook, especially if I truly suck at drawing?

• What readily available computer tools make the job easier? What tools are more work then they are worth?

• Whats the best way to organize an event so I don't spend hours and hours putting together a roadbook that never gets ridden?

What my tulip diagrams would end up looking like....
"enter through mom's right leg, follow her dress around to the left, and exit through her left arm. If you reach her head roundabout, you went to far"

pfb screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 02:14 PM
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote