View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #279
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
You're welcome Brewtus. The TS scene in Spain is big. I like to see the tricked out TS bikes but I also like to see them ridden in as original condition as possible .

When the NATC TS class was created we submitted a list of rules to keep the mods under control. They decided to keep the rules at air cooled, twin shocks, drum brakes. As the class gets more popular they may have to add some rules. Its easy enough to do.

Basic bike prep is not cheating. Just because a bike is old doesn't mean it has to run like crap. Correct timing, fresh exhaust packing, proper carburation should be the norm, but I see guys show up with bikes that ran worse than they did 35 years ago.

The main thing is to keep it fun and bring out those old bikes and use them to bring in new riders.

A certain Mr. Behling and I had this very same conversation several times last year. Part of the reason why I decided to ride my 'Flex this year in NMTA's fledgling Twinshock class this year instead of my beloved 4RT. I can't say that Twinshock in NMTA is a smashing success so far, but it is generating interest. Hopefully it will attract new riders here also that we would openly welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...89438712_n.jpg

This Reflex was at the Colorado National. It has an aftermarket tank, bars, sprocket, rear fender, skid plate, pegs, exhaust and chain guard. The shocks look like stockers. Nice bike. There were some tricked out TY's there too.
Man that thing is pretty! Guess I'd better get crackin' on those AutoCAD drawings. And yes, I stole that picture also -

Thanks again!

brewtus screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 08:24 PM Reason: Did you remember to thank your scorers...or the guy you stole pics from??
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote