Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #9026
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
There exists a broad spectrum of opinion out there as to just how dangerous Mexico is for the motorcycle traveler.

Here in the "Is Mexico Safe" thread we respect both opinons. And ..........

Finally, to Arte.

Arte I hope you are not offended by reading what to me on certain occasions appeared to be insulting characterization of your country.

Mexico is deeply respected and loved by those who frequent this board. Thank you for your friendship, your hospitality, your ride reports, and your willingness to assist those who ride down to discovery more about your land.
Trice it is an honor for me to have you as a friend, you have been a real warrior in this thread lightening all those riders wanting to come to México by 1st time with your deep insight and well exposed risk management.

When my local acquaintances find out that I ride often to different places in México, they have their eyes wide open and say: wow thats awesome! to know so many places of our country in a motorcylce, you are the men!...

then I said: No, I'm not. I have friends from the States and Canada and other countries that knows way much more than me from my own country and they do promote it so fiercely, that instead makes me feel ashame of my short traveling around México compared to them, I feel Honored because I know them, I talk to them, and some of them have visited casa Arte, they (all you guys) are the men.

arte

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote