View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
cynicwanderer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
the first part was mainly trail 3, which goes around mill race rd...then it got more interesting. georgetown does have some really gnarly technical single track. they also open up some "special" trails that are normally closed. really, the xr350 is a heavy bike for georgetown, but since I normally ride my xl600 up there for fun, the xr350 "seems' pretty agile, until about 3hrs into the race...

I'm currently restoring a '83 xr200r, which would have been even more fun and which I may race at some point.

I mostly didn't worry about the clock once I started getting behind and just enjoyed the race. I was concerned on the first part, because my row was like 10 mins ahead at the 2.9 mile marker...

I'm a computer engineer during the week, so the Honda Enduro computer is a really neat retro/vintage gadget for me, considering it was all the rage 27 years ago. I wish I had a manual for it, but I think I figured it out, mostly. Incidentally, I got mine from a well known local Enduro rider who rode and won with xr350r's and the computer during that era in D36.

cynicwanderer screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 10:28 PM
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote