View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer: 3,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlagg42 View Post
I Just checked the weather and it is expected to be hot, but not too hot, even though I have chosen to ride right through the heart of Texas

The route:
From Continental Divide Route

Not sure how much I'll be able to contribute to the ride report along the way since I have decided not to take a laptop with me this trip. It will be quite the experiment and I may not know what to do with myself

Oh yeah, one more thing, I guess I better start packing one of these days....

Enjoy,
Eric
Hey bro... funny that I'll be in Bristol two weeks later... As for your route... (I know you said it) prep for warm weather riding. This is more for the lurkers than you but I wanted to share. During my warm weather trip West I was wearing jeans, danner (insulated) combat boots, finger-less gloves, and mesh bike jacket with climlite tee. Everything worked great, including the boots... the exhaust and heat from the road was killing my ankles when I wore sneakers one day because I was too lazy to throw on my boots after work.

I would store your Klim until you start riding North...

One part of riding I rarely talk about ... so Lance boxers or briefs? Neither. I am a huge fan of nylon PT shorts. I shop here. Keeps from getting Monkey Butt.

As I told Bruce, wish I was going. Work gets in the way. I'll be headed East 2 states above you. Crossing the CDR
this Tuesday. I found this blog from a CDR rider. Well Done. Well wishes all, I'll be lurking!

Oh and belated birthday high five
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote