View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #8822
yzergod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Thumb 1999 BMW F650 Classic "Funduro"

Up for sale is my beloved 1999 BMW F650 Classic, named by the factory the "Funduro". This Aprilla designed bike is often called the best bike ever built by BMW because of the Aprilla design and the bullet proof Rotax engine. My bike has 28,362 (and counting) miles. If you know about these bikes, you will know that they are fun, reliable, forgiving bikes that are great for commuters, beginners into the adventure bike segment, or younger/female/smaller entries into the wonderful world of BMW's. It has the following upgrades;
New (less than 500 miles on them) Metzler Tourance tires
A used (ebay) Corbin saddle
The factory seat
A torn factory seat I was going to send off to have a custom seat made
Factory trunk & city side cases (all use same key) and mounts
De-smogged
CDI/rectifier relocate done
New battery 3/2012
New within 1000 miles non o-ring chain and both sprockets (front 15 tooth to make it peppier in town/offroad)
New (in box) o-ring chain and both sprockets
spare oil filters
Mirror movers
Oil temp gauge dipstick
Factory flyscreen
Factory original windshield (badly scratched and clear coated - thanks unhonest ebayer!)
Heated Grips
Spare set of Metzler Karoo knobbies at 75% or better
Clear Colorado Title
Complete factory lowering kit (dog bones, side stand, center stand) to drop the bike 2" (great for ladies, young riders, those short on stature)
Factory engine guard
Kickstand bottom plate

I got this bike from another ADVRider member to jump into the Adventure foray. I did not like how heavy it was off-road (as compared to a KTM) or the unforgiving plastic body work, so I never took it off-road. I bought all the stuff to raise it up from the lowered height and rode it around town as my daily fun bike. The quick release lockable luggage comes in handy and I'd have no problem loading it up and driving cross country. I bought another bike and promised the CFO that this one and another one would go to compensate. If serious, call me (Cramer) on my cell - 970749323six.
$3200 for inmates!! Thanks!