View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #996
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorretto View Post
Thumber:

NSX found a KTM triple don't know if it worked out for him or not.
Yes, the KTM triple works. A KTM expert looked at the Highland and said the forks are identical to what KTM uses.

I really want to find a dual inlet system like John in Leeds uses and was developing, but it seems unlikely now. John hasn't posted anything in over a year. In one of his last posts he said:

"With regard to the 'twinlet' system, Keithy has started machining the throttle bodies this week and is likely to be casting the manifold shortly. He is fully set up for a prototype and small production run so as soon as we have tested it we'll let you and the other members of the Highland brotherhood know.

Rest assured we expect a simple to fit sytem that even I could do. However, unless you have access to the ecu mapping equipment where I could send you an appropriate map then we'll have to arrange some sort of system where the ecu will be sent off for mapping and then returned. Lots of details to sort out including price because obviously Keith will have to be paid for his expertise and efforts."

Late last year Keithy posted pictures of the manifolds and said "I'll possibly have it cast and machined for spring....then find a victim to test it as John's engine let go"

Then nothing. As I said, it doesn't look good.
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote