View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #16244
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,892
Greetings from Hillbillystan

This is the time of year I love. It was 58F on the front porch this morning, and the only traffic were the hummingbirds dive-bombing me as I drank my coffee. Had a fantastic ride out yesterday from Richmond. Was 94F when I left, and around 80F when I got here. Tried the Hatton Ferry yet again, and was foiled as usual. The river is too low for it to cross. I'm 0-4 now on that ferry.

Just wanted to taunt you retired guys with nothing to do. I'm here working on the old homestead, and will be here bach'ing it all week. Building forms for footers today. Have the concrete arriving on Wednesday. In the meantime I have a beautiful cabin with extra rooms, in the midst of god's motorcycle country, open for visitors. Teresa arrives on Saturday, so you'll have to be gone by then, but if you bring beer and steaks, you have a free place to stay any night this week.

We are about 5 miles south of Franklin, just off Rt 220. Rt 33 is to the north, but I come in Rt 250 from Staunton. We are surrounded by great DS roads too, and I've got a DOT map of every dirt road in the county. Oh, I do have my GS here, so I might be able to ride a bit too.

PM me if anyone wants to come out. Put your phone # in the PM so I can call you. Running into town for internet is a PITA.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote