View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #3281
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Yep. My TransAlp was good down to 1500rpm, the F800GS was good down to like 1800 or 2k, the R1200GS was okay down to 2k. All those bikes were insanely better rideable than the Multi below 3k, the Multi was comparable between 3k and 4k and then left all of them in the dust above that. Depends on riding style whether that works for you or not. It doesn't really for me.

You must have owned a very "special" 12GS. When I was one of the "cool kids" and hung out with other GS owners, we compared notes (and the size of our Starbucks cards ) and not one of them even RAN at 2k rpm (and by RAN I mean in gear....ANY gear....on level ground with no throttle input, just let it idle), let alone ran "OK". Most were like mine and at best wouldn't shake itself to pieces at 3k rpm, and flat puked and died at 2500 rpm. But what do I know. I only put 20k miles on mine and have put 12k miles on my MTS12.

Based on direct ownership experience, my MTS12 runs "insanely better" than my 12GS did at 2500rpm because, well, my GS wouldn't run that low. I guess they aren't all the same eh?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote