View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #503
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
A confession: I chickened out and got a centerstand for my fatso DL1000. Also I don't ride and/or oil the chain on my DR enough. Those two combined mean I just got around to trying out the trail stand yesterday. Happy to report it worked great, boosted the tire off the ground, gave it a good spin, and sprayed down the chain. A+.
Hey hyperboader, I think you did the right thing, I really dont recommend the Trail Stand for heavier bikes than the KTM Adventures or SE950's. Not because the Trail Stand cant support them but beacause they are very heavy to lift, don't want someone to hurt their back, and dont have as good of points to lift by. It is exactly made for a bike like your DR. Basically to put a range on it I would say that bikes with 21 inch front wheels from the factory are the target group for the Trail Stand. As they say at the end of the day you have to make the decision if using the Trail Stand is good for you and your bike, it is a jack stand afterall and needs to be treated as such.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote