View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #3293
cug

Oddometer: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
Sounds like you treated the demo bike very respectful and kept it tame and within the legal limits. I can appreciate that and I'm sure the dealer does as well. I did the same, but I had a feeling there was a beast inside...
The thing is - that's how I ride 95% of the time. I have roughly about 200k miles riding experience, my hooligan times are long over (if they ever existed, I was always fairly down to earth), but from time to time I like to ride quick. Smooth, but quick. The kind of riding that doesn't accelerate much on the straights, but also doesn't brake much for the corners.

I feel the Multistrada could be a lot of fun for these times, though I have my doubts that it would be as nice for the other 95% ... as long as some of the niggles I had were resolved, it might be okay, but it's also possible that it just becomes annoying very quickly. Transferred: I'm not the one living with a hot Italian diva just for the looks and those rare fun times, I like a partner which I can appreciate all the time. I found that in real life, and there are bikes out there that I look after (e.g. the Multi), but where I highly doubt I could live with as my main bike. Would be nice to have an adventure with nonetheless.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote