View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #59
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post

Remember in the introduction to my thread, I told you that I like to meet people along the way in my adventures and learn something about a little piece of life from another perspective. So sharing the shade tree with me was Woody and his wife Susan.

Yes Woody is a Vietnam vet but he lost his legs later in life largely by not taking care of himself very well. His wife Susan is legally blind. I could see they had not had good medical attention for some time. Their home is probably the van they have along with two little dogs and a cat. They were here for a few days until some money was being wired into a local bank as he explained.

They were a ball of fun with all kinds of funny stories about their adventures apparently they actually enjoy their life as best I could tell or they gave me that impression. So we swapped stories, tales and so forth while I waited for my lovely lady to rescue me.

Herein lies the truth in adventure. I am blessed to be healthy and able to ride around on my expensive bike and see the world. Yes I have worked all my life for this time but still I am blessed. My day, while on the surface seemed a bit frustrating in that I was hot, sweaty from the struggle, and unable to complete the ride I had planned, but nonetheless, another great day. When mtngal showed up and I was bidding them farewell to go load the bike, I felt I had become enough of a parking lot friend to maybe find out if they had eaten lately. They had not and had two corn dogs left over from yesterday that they were holding out on until they just had to eat. I had enough in my wallet to share so they could go get a good meal and they were indeed very appreciative.
So....now it all makes sense. There was good reason for my flat, and my struggle to WalMart...it all became a great day in the end with a purpose.....wonder if they are OK today?

My lovely lady showed up with the trailer and happy to see me:

Great perspective

It's easy to get down when things go wrong but the fact is if you are healthy and wealthy enough to ride a motorcycle for fun, even if it's a cheap one, you are better off than most of the world's population.

Having a lovely wife willing to come rescue you, and who is happy to see you, is an added bonus.

Great posts. Keep it up.

Also, What did you use to plug your tire? I have found that the sticky strings designed for car tires work much better than the plugs that come in most motorcycle repair kits. If one string doesn't stop the leak, two usually will.

klaviator screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 01:39 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote