View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,462
I have stayed at a number of motorcycle campgrounds. By far my favorite was TWO ( Two Wheels Only ). Unfortunately it is no longer open. Of the remaining Campgrounds I have camped at, this may just be my new favorite. It is very scenic, peaceful, and most importantly, surrounded by great riding. It is also at an elevation of 3200 feet. This can be good or bad depending on the time of year. In the heat of summer it's good and I doubt it ever gets too hot to camp here but cold may be an issue in the spring or fall.

Back to my experience here. After talking a bit with my "neighbors" I wandered around. I ran into an old regular from Two Wheels Only and even remembered his name......quite an accomplishment for me. Then I saw trash can, another inmate. He was here with a large group who come here fairly regularly. We had exchange PM's so i knew he would be here. If you read this Jerry, , it was good talking to you.

After some BSing, I ate dinner at the pavilion. It was good, reasonably price, but nothing memorable. After some more BSing I called it a night. My sleeping pad was on of those 1 inch thick foam and air mattresses. I had a light weight sleeping bag designed for warm weather. I didn't sleep that well due to the thin pad and the fact the it got a little too cold for my sleeping bag. When I got up the next morning it was cool and gloomy. Still, I was out on an adventure with some great riding ahead. I guess I would have been more comfortable with a setup like this:

but the sacrifice to the ride is not something I would be willing to make.

Breakfast was good. I don't remember if I packed up my gear before or after breakfast but as soon as I did it started to rain. I didn't remember seeing this in the forecast. After about an hour it stopped and I hit the road.

klaviator screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 09:38 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote