View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
lakota OP
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,823
Day 2 heading to Little Rock
Leaving the motel.

Stones River Visitors' Center

The Battle of Stones River or Second Battle of Murfreesboro (in the South, simply the Battle of Murfreesboro), was fought from December 31, 1862, to January 2, 1863, in Middle Tennessee, as the culmination of the Stones River Campaign in the Western Theater of the American Civil War. Of the major battles of the Civil War, Stones River had the highest percentage of casualties on both sides. Although the battle itself was inconclusive, the Union Army's repulse of two Confederate attacks and the subsequent Confederate withdrawal were a much-needed boost to Union morale after the defeat at the Battle of Fredericksburg, and it dashed Confederate aspirations for control of Middle Tennessee.

While I was waiting for the park to open Jack called me and told me that the evacuation order was lifted and he would be joining me in Albuquerque to start the ride after I get new tires at the BMW dealer.
Interstate 40 is basically a boring ride. The only excitement was trying to find detours around accidents and construction near Memphis and Little Rock. Stopped for the night in North Little Rock.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote