View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #127
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
pretty much and rather than low 400 pound 750 that will be marginally more capable off road i will use my 300 pound 690 for tight trails as i never liked the 950 much on singletrack anyway
I don't want a marginal 750, I want a very capable long suspension traval, bad ass engine 750 that carries more than 3 gallons of fuel, duel sport, KTM LC8 based engine around 90 hp, that weighs around 400 lbs dry. I don't like the 690 Enduro because it is cramped, not very good for long stretches of highway and only carries 3+ gallons of fuel. It's more of a street legal dirt bike. Bad ass off road, but too short ranged for serious street touring. I'm looking for the bike that is both and not heavy. Seem like the manufactures are building bigger and heavier machines that are far more street capable than a true 50/50 Adventure Dual Sport! I want comfort and off road abilty with the abilty to carry fuel. Just because it can carry 7+ gallons of gas, doesn't mean you have to keep it topped off for off road riding

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote