Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
toastmuncher OP
I be new round here! Ello

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton(kel) View Post
Very nice bug
Thank you.

Update, grabbed a couple of hours in the workshop this afternoon. The forks were VERY BLOODY TIGHT in the yolks/ triple trees, so much so that I had to devise a way of trying to open the yolks a little. I put a flat piece in the slot then screwed a bolt into the THREADED half of the yolk up against the flat openeing the yolk diameter as I tightened it up. STILL I had to beat the shit out of the forks to get them out. Measured them and they were at 40mm dead on, the leading links were at 40.3mm, Shit, how do I get those in? Removed the paint from the tops, back to 40.08mm and wound my yolk opening bolts in untill I felt they were ABOUT to strip the threads, much use of my trusty 4lb hammet to re-insert them in place of the teles and all is well, just so long as I never need to get them out that is. What does one do? Get the trees 'bored' out? Heres my attempt at making the yolks/trees biggerererer!

And only three hours later, shes all together.

You can see how the front end compares to the stock front end on my wifes cally.
Now on stop, other than preparing the wiring and brake pipe replacement until the paintwork, wheel, front square tyre comes back.
Guzzi 700 V7 details-mystery
Matchless g3ls 350 54, Ariel 650 huntmaster 56. IBA 40526

toastmuncher screwed with this post 07-02-2012 at 02:46 PM
toastmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote