View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #41
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,119
As the day got later I started thinking about where to spend the night. It was hot and I was tired so I decided to wimp out and get a motel room. Great idea........if there were any motels around. None of the small towns I passed through had any motels. At least I didn't see any. I don't think this area gets much tourism. Looking at my map I saw that there was a State Park not far off of 16 so I went there. The road to North Bend park was a great twisty road but like all the State parks I have ben to in WVA, it was swarming with deer so I kept my speed down.

I stopped at the lodge. No rooms were available and i wasn't about to spend the big bucks on a cabin. The restaurant at the lodge would soon close so I ate a quick dinner and then headed to the campground. There were plenty of spots left. primitive campsites were $20 and spots with electricity and near the bath house were $23. I splurged and spent the extra three bucks.

This park did not come close to matching the beauty of Hungry Mother Park where I spent the previous night but it was OK. There's a small river behind my tent.

Most of the other campers here were large groups with kids and some sort of travel trailers or pop up campers.

It was pretty hot but cooled off enough to be reasonably comfortable at night.

Total miles for the day: 305

klaviator screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 11:48 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote