View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #3338
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
OK I'm in the process of selling my bikes with the intent of backing away from rinding for awhile. I've been riding more or less non-stop for over 30 years. At some point I may consider getting back into it, and the Multistrada is a top candidate. I test rode a 2010 Standard ABS model, so I know how it performs. But that was a 20 minute fling, not a long-term relationship.

I've read about the fueling issue, which apparently a reflash fixes. And the leaky bags. How has your Multistrada treated you? Any showstoppers that made you think that you made a mistake? Reliability? Ever strand you? Dealer support/attitude? Minor irratations? Speaking of which, I'm not a fan of the keyless ignition -- I'd rather have a key. The automatic steering lock is something I can do without as well.

Thanks.
To answer your questions: Great. No. Great. No. Great. No.

12k miles on my '10 Sport (bought new in Feb '11) and so far it's been the least troublesome of the 1200's I've owned. The only issue I've had is a fuel sensor that went bonkers and wouldn't read past half full. Dealer replaced it under warranty and it's been perfect since then. Keyless ignition and electronic steering lock have also been perfect (touching wood.....).

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote