View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #3339
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
No showstoppers...

Luggage is annoying, finicky, overpriced and poorly made.

Keyless key doesn't work if you have a blackberry near it, other wise ok, I guess. Not sure I see the point. My other keys were less likely to get lost or interfere with the ignition.

Local dealer is terrible, but they are a Honda/KTM/Ducati/Kawi/Polaris/Aprilla so I can't say they would be better or worse then other dealers. Bought a Honda from there 10 years ago and it was a much better experience so I am guessing just a change in their own practices not Ducati related.

Fueling is fine after the re-flash, doubt the '11+ are bad at all. Mileage is great, (45+) . If you ride at altitude I would recommend gearing down, it helps a lot on the highway. I have a 14 t countershaft, would like to go lower.

Reliability has been great, 12,500 miles now, only breakdown was a flat tire, not the bikes fault.

Rear brake is terrible. Clutch is awesome, slipper, engagement et al is fantastic.

I think if you put heavier springs, better tires (I have a PR-3 rear and Distanzia super moto front), lower gears, the bike is great. Not unrealistic fine tuning compared to anything else on the road.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote