View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #39
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 359
Eh? What are they putting in the coffee at Garmin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by radon222 View Post
What's really scaring me is that if they're setting this price point for the 350...what the heck are they gonna charge for the full on Z665 replacement with all the bells and whistles?!?!?
Given the mediocre experience I have had with my Colorado, it will take a lot to convince me to part with any amount of cash for another Garmin product. Right now, having reviewed the specs of the new Zumo and shared the reaction of most of the inmates ( ), my idea is to keep the colorado for tracks, and add a regular Garmin or TomTom unit from the car line-up for a fraction of the price and stick it in a weather proof case for day to day on-road riding.

Alternatively, I would consider a 7" tablet if someone ever builds one that is robust AND affordable. Keep in mind here that affordable means comparable in price to a Garmin 660, since at least then for the $$$ I would have a big screen, access to a broad range of mapping/navigation services, MP3, e-reader etc.

Terence FFM screwed with this post 07-05-2012 at 12:47 AM Reason: typo
Terence FFM is offline   Reply With Quote