View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #1351
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76 View Post
I work in a hobby shop and 95 percent of the cars and planes we sell are electric. And the big reason we sell what we do in nitro is bigger planes.

Even with planes I have gotten away from glow. I converted a 80" 15+lb plane to electric and it is just a dream to fly. I only have 1 pack for it as that is a bit of a pain to get in and out....have to remove the wing. It flys on 48v and is the biggest plane that I currently own. I do not it much anymore as it is really just too big for me to mess with.

I have always loved the P-39 but truth be known I fly the wings off my little P39 alfa, the big VQ has about 10 flights total on it.

link to the plane I converted.

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_in...roducts_id=278

Anymore I just fly foam. I really enjoy the Radin I just bought and am just going crazy with the little panther. I actually do not think I would be still flying if it was only balsa.

The cars I actually don't even mess with my 1/5 buggy much anymore...bet it has been 6-8 months. I do like to dig out the slash once and a while and bomb around the yard, the race scene around here is just a little to nutty for me....most of the father son, casual racers have left....only hard core guys anymore.

FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote