View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #51
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
Lots of familiar sights from my travels in western NC, and you've shown me some new places I'd love to explore. Thanks for bringing us along with you. I'll probably re-read this a few times and get some ideas for plotting a route.
There are so many great places to ride in this region but WNC is still my favorite. If you're looking for route selections, I've done a number of ride reports in the area, many of them where done on dual sport bikes and include dirt/gravel roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Great report Win. Your photos are bringing back a flood of memories . Now get back to writing .
I think it was a year or more ago but I remember reading a ride report of yours that included 16 through southern WVA and then down to Marion, VA. That report planted the seed for riding through the area again. I'll get back to writing in a bit but like you, I find it easier to respond to others posts than write my own ride report.

Now it's time for you to get back to writing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM View Post
Very much enjoying your report.

My youngest daughter graduated from Marietta College and we stayed at the Lafayette. Hard to believe that was 22 years ago.

Does the Lafayette still have their "Gun Room"?

Ned
I do remember seeing a sign for the "Gun Room". How did you like staying at the Lafayette and does it look like old downtown Marietta has changed much in 22 years?

Thanks for following along.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote